Calling C++ Modules in Python

Patrick zxpatric at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 17:01:47 EST 2011

Thanks Sophie for the information. Yes, right now I am not certain
about what I am going to use for I was hoping for a "non-intrusive"
way to expose existing C++ libraries to python. However, both
solutions (BOOST, SWIG) listed here require the recompilation of
libraries?! It is ok for small applications but will be hard for big
software from big companies. The reason is that even companies are
willing to rebuild their own libraries with those wrappers or
decorations added(though needs approves from all sorts of
departments :)), they can't force their 3rd-party developers/users.
Correct me if I am wrong.

Cheers,
-Patrick.