What do you use with Python for GUI programming and why?

Rafe Kettler rafe.kettler at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 12:34:10 EST 2011

On Mar 10, 9:25 pm, Robert <sigz... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a push to one toolkit or the other?
>
> --
> Robert

I've mainly used Tkinter for a few reasons:

 - It's what I already know
 - It's pretty simple
 - Most people who have Python have it too, so there's no crazy
dependencies
 - It looks decent on Gnome and KDE, good on Winodws and Mac
 - I can develop a full featured GUI in a few hours, no sweat (partly
because it's simple, partly because I know it)

I've tried PyGTK and PyQt before, but they were both more complicated
than I'd like. I decided to stick with Tkinter because I was
proficient with it.

Rafe