Switching between Python releases under Windows

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Tue Mar 8 10:58:30 EST 2011

On 08/03/2011 14:55, Edward Diener wrote:
> I have multiple versions of Python installed under Vista. Is there any
> easy way of switching between them so that invoking python and file
> associations for Python extensions files work automatically ?

Well, the answer depends a bit on how au fait you are with fiddling
with env vars etc. but, if it helps, this script:

   https://winsys.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/random/associate.py

will set the version of Python which runs it as the default.
If you're running on Vista/W7, you'll probably need to run it
with a param of "user" or inside an Elevated command prompt.

TJG

(Won't work w/ Python 3 without a bit of tweaking)