changing to function what works like a function

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Mon Mar 7 16:24:28 EST 2011

On 3/7/2011 1:12 PM, Victor Paraschiv wrote:
> Well, thank you all for being honest ☺
>
> What I conclude is that you, the programmers, don’t really care about
> those who are new to programming:

Whereas you exhibit your care for humanity by casually slandering those
who offer you a gift. Grow up. Seriously.

 > I think it is simpler to be able to write: real(z), just as you
> write: sin(z), abs(z), (z)^2 etc.

Your mirror image counterparts complain about the latter, saying that
Python should be consistent and have us write z.sin(), z.abs(), and
z.exp(2), etc.

Python is intentionally a mixed syntax and mixed paradigm language. Some
people find the mixture to be an advantage. If you want a pure language,
try something else.

--
Terry Jan Reedy