ImSim: Image Similarity

Ian Kelly ian.g.kelly at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 13:18:22 EST 2011

On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 6:30 AM, n00m <n00m at narod.ru> wrote:
> Remind me this piece of humor:
>
> One man entered a lift cabin at the 1st floor,
> lift goes to the3rd floor, opens and ... it's empty!
> Physicist, Chemist and Mathematician were asked:
> what happened to the man?
>
> Physicist: he was squashed to the floor by acceleration!
>
> Chemist: he was vaporized by some acid gases!
>
> Mathematician: hmm... Let's call a lift *empty* if
> there is inside of it no more than *1* man.

That reminds me of another joke I once heard.

A logician, a biologist, and a physicist are watching an empty house.
They observe two people going into the house, and then some time later
three people emerge.

The logician observes, "Our premise must have been incorrect.  The
house was not initially empty."

The biologist speculates, "Perhaps the two people whom we saw go into
the house have reproduced while inside, resulting in the third."

Finally, the mathematician concludes, "I don't know about that, but I
do know that if one more person goes into that house, it will be
empty!"

This has nothing to do with Python, though.