new to python, trying to choose a book.

Brandon LaRocque larocque.brandon at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 16:22:27 EST 2011

I'd suggest Zed Shaw's amazing Learn Python The Hard Way [1] (which
isn't as hard as it sounds) - and it's free over the web (but, I
believe - you can buy a copy). I dislike Pilgrim's Dive Into Python,
but that's just me (though I thoroughly recommend Dive Into HTML5 to
anyone interested in HTML5) - many disagree. Haven't read Head First
Python.

[1] - http://learnpythonthehardway.org/index