Absolutely Insane Problem with Gmail

Victor Subervi victorsubervi at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 08:56:23 EST 2011

On Sat, Mar 5, 2011 at 11:11 PM, Littlefield, Tyler <tyler at tysdomain.com>wrote:

> >ourEmail = '
> myemailaddr at gmail.com'
>
> >ourEmail = '
> qqq at xxx.com'
>
>   You redefine this twice.

Right. The second definition, of course, overwrites the first. That is
deliberate. I simply comment out the second when I'm testing. The second is,
of course, bogus. But it works while the first doesn't!!! WHY???

> You also don't define a variable down lower.
> >#      to_address = ourEmail,
>
> >      from_address = ourEmail,
> >      to_address = emailText,
> I could be wrong, but emailText isn't defined.

No, in fact, emailText *is* defined. And it, too, works, *unless* it's going
to a gmail address!! In fact, I just now tested it, commenting out the
second bogus email address, and using another gmail address but different
than the one defined as ourEmail, and everything works as expected.
Therefore, it appears that gmail, for whatever reason, filters out emails
send to the same address from which they are sent.
Thanks,
Beno