ImSim: Image Similarity

n00m n00m at narod.ru
Sat Mar 5 23:49:03 EST 2011

On Mar 6, 6:10 am, Mel <mwil... at the-wire.com> wrote:
> n00m wrote:
> > As for using color info...
> > my current strong opinion is: the colors must be forgot for good.
> > Paradoxically but "profound" elaboration and detailization can/will
> > spoil/undermine the whole thing. Just my current imo.
>
> Yeah.  I guess including color info cubes the complexity of the answer.
> Might be too complicated to know what to do with an answer like that.
>
>         Mel.

Uhmm, Mel. Totally agree with you.
+
I included "roses1.jpg" & "roses2.jpg" on purpose:
the 1st one is a painting by Abbott Handerson Thayer,
the 2nd is its copy by some obscure Russian painter.
But it's of course a creative & revamped copy.

In strict sense they are 2 different images (look at their colors etc)
, on the other hand they are closely related to each other.
Plus, we can't tell *in principle* what is original and what is copy
what colors are "right/good" and what colors are "wrong/bad"