What do I need to know in order to write a web application in python?

Corey Richardson kb1pkl at aim.com
Fri Mar 4 17:07:53 EST 2011

On 03/04/2011 04:48 PM, ErichCart ErichCart wrote:
> In fact this doesn't necessary need to be web application. For example
> I have a friend who uses Delphi, and he can create all sorts of
> windows applications easily, like he can see the window on the screen
> and he can place buttons, text fields, radio buttons etc. wherever he
> wants and then program the actions of each element. I was able to do
> the same with visual basic in one of my university classes.
>
> What do I need to know in order to be able to do the same with python?
> Which python modules/python development environments do I need to use?

As far as I know, no tools exist to make developing desktop apps in
Python like there do VB. However I can recommend a few desktop toolkits.
Qt (pyqt or pyside) and Gtk (pygtk) seem to be popular, and I think
Pygui will be becoming popular as it becomes more complete / more
examples/tutorials using it become available. Tkinter is easy to use and
comes right in the standard library.

--
Corey Richardson