What do I need to know in order to write a web application in python?

Corey Richardson kb1pkl at aim.com
Fri Mar 4 15:21:53 EST 2011

On 03/04/2011 03:08 PM, ErichCart ErichCart wrote:
> I am currently a Computer Science student, I can write in pascal, C,
> and Java, and recently I learned about Python and fell in love with
> it. I watched some python programming tutorials on youtube, and now I
> can write some programs.
> But what I really want to do is to make a website where people can
> play real-time RISK game online with other players.
>
> Can this be done in Python 3.2?
> What do I need to know in order to make such a website? Which Python
> modules will I need to use?

Real-time? As in viewing the same board like people would in real-life?
I would say that's a job for Java or Flash. You could pull off something
with Javascript and XMPP (bad choice? I don't know), in which case
Python would be on the server directing the game logic and sending the
proper messages to the players.

So look into XMPP (xmpppy or Twisted Words are your choices, I guess)
and learn up on Javascript.

That's my take on it, at least. I'm sure someone with more experience
could direct you more specifically.

Turn-based would be much easier.

--
Corey Richardson