Checking against NULL will be eliminated?

Tom Zych freethinker at pobox.com
Thu Mar 3 05:30:06 EST 2011

Carl Banks wrote:
> Perl works deterministically and reliably.  In fact, pretty much every
> language works deterministically and reliably.  Total non-argument.

Well, yes. I think the real issue is, how many surprises are
waiting to pounce on the unwary developer. C is deterministic
and reliable, but full of surprises. Python is generally low
in surprises. Using "if <identifier>" is one place where you
do have to think about unintended consequences.

Tom Zych / freethinker at pobox.com
Q: I'm having problems with my Windows software. Will you help me?
A: Yes. Go to a DOS prompt and type "format c:". Any problems you are
   experiencing will cease within a few minutes. -- Hacker Howto