Darwin build error with MacPorts Python 2.7.1 installed.

Ned Deily nad at acm.org
Wed Mar 2 04:49:44 EST 2011

In article
<AANLkTimczpfBWOjmNf2ReasCP=A9Sk24WjPvUyybxuWt at mail.gmail.com>,
 Santoso Wijaya <santoso.wijaya at gmail.com> wrote:
> I recently tried to play around with the latest source for Python-2.7.1, and
> I came across this build error while trying to build a clean checkout (after
> `./configure`, of course):
>
> bash-3.2$ make
> ./Parser/asdl_c.py -h ./Include ./Parser/Python.asdl
[...]
> IOError(msg) IOError: $MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET mismatch: now "10.4" but
> "10.6" during configure
> make: *** [Include/Python-ast.h] Error 1
>
> I am using MacPorts with the latest updates. Any thoughts?

In this case, the simplest and best workaround should be to explicitly
specify the deployment target when running ./configure:

./configure [...] MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.6

If you actually do need to build for an earlier version, you should be
able to pre-build or possibly just touch the Parser targets which need a
working Python of some sort early in the build process.  The problem is
the working Python is being affected by the MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET
value, which configure currently defaults to 10.4 in the absence of
other parameters.

I don't think there is a issue open on this;  I will open one and see
that it gets fixed.

--
 Ned Deily,
 nad at acm.org