Python 3.2 Debug build

Willis Cheung wcheung at pdftron.com
Thu Mar 17 18:54:34 EDT 2011

Hi all,

I'm trying to build the debug version of Python 3.2. I downloaded the py3k
folder from the python SVN. Then I opened the pcbuild.sln and tried to build
the "python" project. However the build failed when I got an error from the
project "pythoncore" which I think "python" depends on? The error is:

Cannot open source file: 'C:\Program
Files\py3k\PCbuild\Win32-temp-Debug\pythoncore\\getbuildinfo2.c': No such
file or directory.

The log also mentioned the following couple lines before:

5>"C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin\subwcrev.exe" ..
..\Modules\getbuildinfo.c "C:\Program
Files\py3k\PCbuild\Win32-temp-Debug\pythoncore\\getbuildinfo2.c"
5>'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

I did get the debug build of python 2.7.1 and 3.1.3 to work successfully so
I'm not quite sure if I'm supposed to do anything different for Python 3.2.
Can anyone guide me on this? Thank you.