import python module from C++ code

Arthur Mc Coy 1984docmccoy at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 11:27:13 EST 2011

Hi all,

I have a C++ application. I have a .cpp file which is not a main
program, but a class where I want to call python script
(doSomething.py file).

I'm using embed python like in a tutorial here:
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/cpp/embedpython_1.aspx

But the tutorial is bad. It does not explain howto create python
module which they call in their example. doSomething.py file contains
two classes, one of them I use externally (its functions).

So I need to PyImport_Import(py_module) by name of this py file, but
when I try to do that it fails. Please, give me some examples.

If needed, I can attach my code as well.
Thank you, waiting for anybody's response!
Be happy.

Arthur