making a class callable

dude erniedude at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 20:45:38 EST 2011

I've been struggling with getting my class to behave the way I want
it.

I have python module called ohYeah.py, defined as follows...
#File Begin
class foo:

    def __init__(self, arg1):
        print arg1
        self.ohYeah = arg1

    def whatwhat(self):
        return self.ohYeah
#EOF

My goal is to be able to instantiate the class foo from another python
module, like so:

# Example Usage
f = foo("wow")
j = foo("amazing")
f.whatwhat()
wow
j.whatwhat()
amazing
#

However, I always get the "module not callable" error.  After entering
a "def __call__" method in class foo, still get the same problem.  Can
someone please point me in the right direction for being able to
achieve the Example Usage above?  I'm sure there is something trivial
I'm missing, but after digging around online for a day, I couldn't
find the missing piece.  Thanks in advance.