Problems with read_eager and Telnet

Robi roberto.inzerillo at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 02:57:10 EST 2011

> > My conclusion being, fgfs cannot answer back quicker than this: 20Hz.
>
> I suspect that is by design, so as to not interfere with the simulation
> itself.

Actually it's not quite like that.

I talked about it in flightgear-devel mailing list; I was told FGFS
default telnet polling frequency is 5Hz (but it's nowhere documented
than in the source code). I had extremely low interaction at first,
slower than what I get now. Increasing this frequency to 120Hz gave me
those results I was talking about in the previous posts; I got
increasing speed but with my (quite crude) benchmark it never goes
over a real 20Hz as stated, it doesn't reach those 120Hz set at hand
by me. But there is no cap at 20Hz set by design in FlightGear, not
that I'm aware of.

I'm going to dig into some other communication media to talk to
FlightGear and leave Telnet for those cases where such a lag is
acceptable.