Trying to chain processes together on a pipeline

Andrew Berg bahamutzero8825 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 21:40:12 EDT 2011

Okay, so I've refactored those except WindowsError blocks into calls to
a function and fixed the os.devnull bug, but I still can't get the
triple chain working. I added calls to ffmpeg_proc.stdout.close() and
sox_proc.stdout.close(), but I really am not sure where to put them. The
following code works if SoX isn't part of the chain (that is, if vol ==
1), but not otherwise (the Nero encoder says "truncation error" after it
finishes; the same error I get if omit the close() calls):