how to call a function for evry 10 secs

Ulrich Eckhardt ulrich.eckhardt at dominolaser.com
Thu Jun 30 15:04:56 EDT 2011

Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:
> And that was a direct cut&paste from a command window; showing it
> had slept for some 90 seconds before I killed it.

Interesting. Just tried a 2.7.2 on a 32-bit MS Windows with following
results:

1. sleep(5 - 2**32) sleeps for a few seconds
2. sleep(-1) sleeps much longer

So this seems to confirm that it's a 32-bit underflow while preparing the
argument for win32's Sleep() function.

That said, an "IOError" is a bit better but still leaves room for
improvement. I'll take this to the developers mailinglist and see if they
consider the behaviour a bug. At the very least the docs are bad, I would
say.

Cheers!

Uli

--