module problem on windows 64bit

Christian Heimes lists at cheimes.de
Mon Jun 27 15:25:02 EDT 2011

Am 27.06.2011 19:02, schrieb Peter Irbizon:
> Hello,
>
> on 32-bit windows everything works ok but on 64-bit win I am getting
> this error:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "app.py", line 1040, in do_this_now
>  File "kinterbasdb\__init__.pyc", line 119, in <module>
>  File "kinterbasdb\_kinterbasdb.pyc", line 12, in <module>
>  File "kinterbasdb\_kinterbasdb.pyc", line 10, in __load
> ImportError: DLL load failed: This application has failed to start
> because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the
> application may fix this problem.
>
> How to get it work on 64bit windows as well? many thanks

Are you running 32bit or 64bit Python on your 64bit Windows box? You
have to install the same flavour of Python, kinterbasdb and Firebird SQL
(all 32bit or all 64bit). You also have to check the "copy client dlls
to system directory" check box during the installation of Firebird SQL.

I guess that you have a 32bit installation of Python but a 64bit
installation of Firebird SQL.

Christian