windows 7 create directory with read write execute permission for everybody

Andrew Berg bahamutzero8825 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 06:36:47 EDT 2011

On 2011.06.26 03:57 PM, Gelonida wrote:
> The reason I am asking is, that I'd like to create a directory structure
> where multiple users should be allowed to read / write / create files
> and directories.
This may not require pywin32 - by default there's a public directory at
os.environ['public'] (usually C:\Users\Public), at least in Vista and 7.
There's probably a similar directory in earlier versions of Windows, but
I don't know where they are (might still be os.environ['public']).
> Alternatively it would be even better to specify exactly which users
> should be allowed to access the directory tree.
This will definitely require pywin32.