windows 7 create directory with read write execute permission for everybody

Irmen de Jong irmen.NOSPAM at xs4all.nl
Sun Jun 26 17:24:01 EDT 2011

On 26-6-2011 22:57, Gelonida wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What do I have to do under python windows to create a directory with all permissions,
> such, that new files / directories created below will inherit the permissions.
>

> The reason I am asking is, that I'd like to create a directory structure where multiple
> users should be allowed to read / write / create files and directories.

Isn't this the default when you create a new directoy in Windows? (unless you're
creating it in some location where access is restricted, for instance C:\ or c:\program
files).  I'd try os.mkdir first in any case and check if it does the job.

> Alternatively it would be even better to specify exactly which users should be allowed
> to access the directory tree.

Sorry, can't help you with this. I guess you'll need to use the windows extensions for
Python here and deal with user accounts and ACL's.

Irmen