search through this list's email archives

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar
Fri Jun 24 17:49:14 EDT 2011

En Fri, 24 Jun 2011 11:33:23 -0300, Grant Edwards
<invalid at invalid.invalid> escribió:

> On 2011-06-24, Gabriel Genellina <gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar> wrote:
>> En Thu, 23 Jun 2011 13:11:32 -0300, Cathy James <nambo4jb at gmail.com>
>> escribi?:
>>
>>> I looked through this forum's archives, but I can't find a way to
>>> search for a topic through the archive. Am I missing something?
>>

>> Gmane provides a search capability also:
>> http://blog.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.general
>
> FWIW, I've found the Gmane search feature to be very unreliable.  It
> often overlooks a lot of matching articles for no apparent reason.

It seems no single provider is perfect. Google searching capability is
quite good, but for some reason, many posts are missing, often the initial
post head of a thread. The "Python-URL" summaries usually include a Google
Groups url, but sometimes I have to link to Gmane, velocityreviews.com or
even to the list archives at python.org because of that problem.

--
Gabriel Genellina