LDAP: How get all users belongs to a group.

John Gordon gordon at panix.com
Fri Jun 24 10:57:37 EDT 2011

In <34110eed-96bc-499f-9a4e-068f2720fc8b at h12g2000pro.googlegroups.com> sajuptpm <sajuptpm at gmail.com> writes:

> dn: cn=My-Group-1,ou=Groups,o=CUST
> member: cn=AJP2203,ou=Internal PCA,o=CUST
> member: cn=AZE9632,ou=Internal PCA,o=CUST
> member: cn=BTC4979,ou=Internal PCA,o=CUST

> * I have group definition in LDAP server as above.
> * How fetch all members from this perticular group 'My-Group-1' using
> python-ldap module.
> * I tried, but i don't know how do it.
> * I want to get those 3 members from group 'My-Group-'

This code should work, although I haven't tested it:

import ldap

uri = "my hostname and port"
user = "my username"
password = "my password"

ldapClient = ldap.initialize(uri)
ldapClient.set_option(ldap.OPT_REFERRALS, 0)

ldapClient.bind(user, password)

results = ldapClient.search_s("cn=My-Group-1,ou=Groups,o=CUST", ldap.SCOPE_BASE)

for result in results:
  result_dn = result[0]
  result_attrs = result[1]

  if "member" in result_attrs:
    for member in result_attrs["member"]:
      print member

ldapClient.unbind_s()

--
John Gordon                   A is for Amy, who fell down the stairs
gordon at panix.com              B is for Basil, assaulted by bears