Python 2.7 and cmd on Windows 7 64 (files lost)

Michel Claveau - MVP enleverLesX_XXmcX at XmclavXeauX.com.invalid
Thu Jun 23 05:10:12 EDT 2011

Re !

> This is because 32-bit processes (Python, 32-bit cmd) cannot see the
> 64-bit DLLs in System32.

Thanks.
You are right... but it is not enought.

This command:  echo %PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE%
give the statut:
   32:  x86
   64:  AMD64

and  DIR C:\Windows\System32\SoundRecorder.exe  is OK in 64, not in 32.

But if, in 64 mode, I copy SoundRecorder.exe to sr.exe, then I rename
sr.exe to sr.txt, the file (which is not an executable) is not visible
in 32 mode.
And, if I move (or copy) sr.txt in an USB-drive, the file become visible
in 32 mode !!!???

Therefore, Windows has a "trick" for mark the file like visible, or not,
in 32 mode. What trick?

OK, it is not a Python problem.
Then... thanks again for your explanations.

@-salutations
--
Michel Claveau