Fast Python in Programming Contests

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Thu Jun 16 13:45:57 EDT 2011

On 6/16/2011 3:09 AM, KK wrote:
> How can the execution time of python program be increased in

decreased

> programming contest so that we dont get TLE for gud algos......

TLE = time limit expired?

Sites or 'contests' that have the same time limit for Python as for C,
especially when the limit does not allow reasonable programs to run so
you can even find out if they are correct, are stupidly brain-dead.
Ignore them.

Python is a great language for prototyping and experimenting with
alternate algorithms. Rules that effectively prevent that are, well, you
pick the adjective.

Any such site that wanted to make even a pretense of fairness would
provide Cython for converting augmented Python programs to C and thence
compiled just like C programs.

--
Terry Jan Reedy