Trapping MySQLdb warnings

Tim Johnson tim at johnsons-web.com
Wed Jun 15 22:38:29 EDT 2011

* geremy condra <debatem1 at gmail.com> [110615 18:03]:
> On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 6:58 PM, Tim Johnson <tim at johnsons-web.com> wrote:
> > Using Python 2.6.5 on linux.
> >
> > When using MySQLdb I am getting warnings printed to stdout, but I would
> > like to trap, display and log those warnings.
<.....>
> Have you tried http://docs.python.org/library/warnings.html#temporarily-suppressing-warnings
  Hi Geremy:
  I just looked at the docs there. This is a new module (to me), and
  I am unsure of the implementation or whether this is what I should
  use.
  I tried the following :
		try :
			self.__rdb.execute(S)
		except warnings.catch_warnings:
			std.mrk('',0,"mysql.py:196")  ## DEBUG call
## and it does not look like my code modification
## is catching the warning.
Thanks for introducing me to this new module, but I'm not
sure if it is what I should be using.

BTW: End of day in this part of the world. I look forward to any other comments
on this subject tomorrow.
chees
--
Tim
tim at johnsons-web dot com or akwebsoft dot com