What is the most efficient way to compare similar contents in two lists?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 14:24:28 EDT 2011

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 4:20 AM, geremy condra <debatem1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I know that, but I mean what were you talking about before if you
> weren't talking about cmp?

Not sure what you mean. There were other threads before the cmp thread
started. That thread started with, if my memory serves me correctly,
something coming back from the python-dev list about restoring that
parameter to Python 3 (it was one of the things removed, but is still
available in Python 2).

> I liked that thread [on NaN]. There should be more of those.

Seconded. Someone just needs to ask the question. We had a small
thread a while ago that started with the question (I'm paraphrasing)
"How does Python multiply?".

ChrisA