Permission denied and lock issue with multiprocess logging

Vinay Sajip vinay_sajip at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jun 12 16:18:09 EDT 2011

On Jun 12, 8:49 am, david dani <dadavi... at gmail.com> wrote:
> When i am running the implementation of multiprocessloggingthrough
> queue handler, i get this error. It is the same with sockethandler as
> well as with pipe handler if multiprocesses are involved. I am not
> getting any hint to solve this problem. Please help to solve the
> problem.

There is an old bug on AIX which might be relevant, see

http://bugs.python.org/issue1234

It depends on how your Python was built - see the detailed comments
about how Python should be configured before being built on AIX
systems.

N.B. This error has nothing to do with logging - it's related to
semaphore behaviour in the presence of fork(), which of course happens
in multiprocessing scenarios.

Regards,

Vinay Sajip