Python 2.6 OR 3.2

Andrew Berg bahamutzero8825 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 00:01:46 EDT 2011

On 2011.06.09 12:18 PM, hisan wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Please let me know which one is GOOD whether Python 2.6 OR 3.2.
> Please let me know the difference between them.
> Please give some refernce site or books to know the difference
I'm just a beginner, but AFAICT, there are three reasons to learn Python 2:
- You will need to maintain or add features to a project that is written
in Python 2 and is not easily converted to Python 3.
- You have a project that absolutely depends on something that is
written in Python 2 and is not easily converted to Python 3.
- You are forced to use a 2.x version of the interpreter (e.g., your
employer wants you to create Python scripts that will run on their
server, which runs a 2.x version of the interpreter). In this case, you
should learn the exact version of the interpreter used (some features in
2.7 aren't available in e.g., 2.3).

If none of these apply to you, then 3.2 all the way. Everything is
moving to 3.x - don't use 2.x as a starting point if you don't have to.