how to inherit docstrings?

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Thu Jun 9 03:44:32 EDT 2011

Eric Snow <ericsnowcurrently at gmail.com> writes:

> AttributeError: attribute '__doc__' of 'type' objects is not writable
>
> That is on 3.3.

Well, that sucks :-(

Where can we see the discussion of that change before it was
implemented?

> I'm just looking for a way to do it with decorators in the class body
> without using metaclasses or class decorators.

Yes, that'd be nice. Do you have a specification in mind for how it
would work? Perhaps time to start a thread on the ‘python-ideas’ forum.

--
 \       “Following fashion and the status quo is easy. Thinking about |
  `\        your users' lives and creating something practical is much |