Running a Python script on a web server

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 02:30:14 EDT 2011

On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 3:52 PM, Abhijeet Mahagaonkar
<abhijeet.manohar at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>Python doesn't normally run in a web browser. There's two easy options:
>
> Is there an option of running it like php? I have never written in php, but
> my understanding is that the php script will be saved in some remote server
> and we will be able to run it using the url.
> pls correct me if i;m wrong.
> So i thought is there a python way of doing something like this?

Yes, you can do that. That's what Nitin Pawar suggested. That's all
part of what I lumped together as option #2 - run the scripts on the
server. It's completely different from distributing them to people as
EXEs, but it might very well do what you need.

Chris Angelico