how to avoid leading white spaces

Roy Smith roy at panix.com
Tue Jun 7 20:30:07 EDT 2011

"rurpy at yahoo.com" <rurpy at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I don't see how the different Perl and Python cultures themselves
> would make learning regexes harder for Python programmers.

Oh, that part's obvious.  People don't learn things in a vacuum.  They
read about something, try it, fail, and ask for help.  If, in one
community, the response they get is, "I see what's wrong with your
regex, you need to ...", and in another they get, "You shouldn't be
using a regex there, you should use this string method instead...", it
should not be a surprise that it's easier to learn about regexes in the
first community.