float("nan") in set or as key

Nobody nobody at nowhere.com
Mon Jun 6 18:14:15 EDT 2011

On Mon, 06 Jun 2011 00:55:18 +0000, Steven D'Aprano wrote:

> And thus we come back full circle. Hundreds of words, and I'm still no
> closer to understanding why you think that "NAN == NAN" should be an
> error.

Well, you could try improving your reading comprehension. Counselling
might help.

AFAICT, your main problem is that you can't distinguish between not
agreeing with a particular argument and being unable to even recognise
the existence of the argument.

A really big clue is here:

> why you think that "NAN == NAN" should be an error

Given that my very first comment in the thread was:

> > Wrong.
>
> That's overstating it. There's a good argument to be made for ...

I never said that it /should/ be an error, and later explicitly stated
that I wasn't arguing for it but pointing out that it's /arguable/.

But you appear unable to comprehend such distinctions. Don't agree with
the argument, don't accept the argument, don't recognise that there is an
argument; these all appear to be the same thing.