Multiple windows services on the same machine

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Sun Jun 5 19:01:19 EDT 2011

Massi <massi_srb at msn.com> writes:

> So can anyone point me out which is the best way to "parametrize" the
> service name? Thanks in advance for your help!

Could you not make the ‘_svc_display_name’ an instance attribute instead
of class attribute?

That is, don't set it as an attribute on the class; instead, set it as
an attribute on the instance during initialisation (the ‘__init__’
method).

--
 \         “Smoking cures weight problems. Eventually.” —Steven Wright |
Ben Finney