how to avoid leading white spaces

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Sat Jun 4 00:59:44 EDT 2011

On Sat, 04 Jun 2011 03:24:50 +0100, MRAB wrote:

> [snip]
> Some regex implementations support scoped case sensitivity. :-)

Yes, you should link to your regex library :)

Have you considered the suggested Perl 6 syntax? Much of it looks good to
me.

> I have at times thought that it would be useful if .startswith offered
> the option of case insensitivity and there were also str.equal which
> offered it.

I agree. I wish string methods in general would support a case_sensitive
flag. I think that's a common enough task to count as a exception to the
rule "don't include function boolean arguments that merely swap between
two different actions".

--
Steven