Suppressing newline writing to file after variable

Ellerbee, Edward EEllerbee at BBandT.com
Tue Jun 28 12:05:09 EDT 2011

Hi all, newbie question here. I'm using python 2.7. I've built my first
program to pull some info off the web, process it, and build dialpeers
for a cisco router. I have 2 problems - the first is the formatting of
printing the gathered information to a file. It seems to be inserting a
new line after the variable is written. I've searched the web, but
unsure of which method could fix this issue.

Here is my code snippet:

count=0
o = open('dialpeers.txt', 'w')
for line in open('final.txt', 'r'):
    figureDpn = count + 1000
    dpn = str(figureDpn)
    label = "dial-peer voice " + dpn
    o.write(label)
    o.write('\n')
    destpatt = "destination-pattern " + line + "...."
    o.write(destpatt)
    o.write('\n')
    o.write("description *** local outbound dialpeer ***")
    o.write('\n')
    port = "port " + p
    o.write(port)
    o.write('\n')
    o.write('\n')
    count = count + 1

Output:
dial-peer voice 1000
destination-pattern 252200
description *** local outbound dialpeer ***
port 0/1

Desired Output:
dial-peer voice 1000
destination-pattern 252200....
description *** local outbound dialpeer ***
port 0/1

I've just started with Python 3 weeks ago, so my code is poortly
written. I would appreciate any suggestions to improve.

Ed Ellerbee