doing cross platform file work

Tim Hanson tjhanson at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 22 13:44:56 EDT 2011

Thanks for your responses to my student question about using OS paths in
Python.

For the more general case, I am a Linux user interested in making my scripts
platform neutral, which would include Linux, Unix (including Mac), and
Windows.  I have looked at the python.org os segment and didn't get an answer.

Is there a library (bonus would be some tutorial material) for making sure my
Linux scripts access files and directories on the other platforms
transparently?  I don't need the information immediately, but at some point...