using only the django ORM (DB access model) and nothing else.

News123 news1234 at free.fr
Tue Jun 21 19:51:40 EDT 2011

Hi,

I have a small application running on a host without web server and
without any need for django except its ORM accessing data bases without
explicitely writing sql queries.)

I assume there's many libraries (SQL Alchemy or others), which could do
this job. and which migh have less overhead than django.

As I am already implementing a web server application with django on
another host I wanted to use the same syntax / API for my non web
application.

Now my question:

What would be the minimal setup required to use django orms and nothing
else.

What entries could I remove from settings.py
would I still have to add INSATLLED_APPS to the settings or could I just
write one script

defining only defining settings.DATABASES, and the typical contents of
models.py of an application.

Thanks in advance  for some suggestions or ideas how you would approach
writing a tiny non web application with django.db.models.Models