Reconstituting f2py Multi-dimensional character array

Helmut Fritz spam.helmut.hard at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 11:02:55 EDT 2011

Hello all,

I've normally only had to build a list of words from a f2py fortran
character array.
For this I found the transpose method to work fine.

However I have had difficulty finding a way of getting a 3d array of words
from
Fortran to python. (I.e. 4d in python)

I've attached 2 files that are my test-run.  On windows I create the
windummy.prd file by using the following command:
python C:\Python26\Scripts\f2py.py -c -m windummy --fcompiler=gnu95
--compiler=mingw32 -lmsvcr90 --verbose dummy.f95

or in linux
f2py -c -m lindummy --fcompiler=gnu95 --verbose dummy.f95

My problem is a bit "Morecambe & Wise" in that I can get all the 3-letter
words,
but not necessarily in the right order.

I have tried various transpose methods to try and get things in order but
with no
luck.  There's very little on the boards.

Any help would be *MASSIVELY* appreciated.

Many thanks in advance, HF