Python mode: make emacs use existing *Python* frame, and not open a new one

Lars Bungum lars.bungum at idi.ntnu.no
Thu Jun 16 10:57:11 EDT 2011

Hi,

I am using python-mode to write python code in Emacs, and when I use the
useful C-c C-c key combination to interpret the buffer, Emacs always
opens another window inside the window I am using.

I prefer using Emacs split in two windows (one on each physical screen)
where I program in one of them and use the Python interpreter in the
other.  Is there a way I can tell Emacs to use the *Python* buffer in
the Window that is already open instead of creating a new one?

Note: When I tried gnu.emacs.help it was suggested that it was a bug (as
the only suggestion).  Is there a way to get around this?

--lars