Web Applications - Separating DB Connections

Burhan burhan.khalid at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 03:46:46 EDT 2011

Hello Everyone:

  I am trying to find a way to extract and remove database connection
information (username, password, schema name) from the application
source. I need to do this because in my organization - for security
reasons - access to databases is controlled by a separate department;
and as such, when a solution is deployed to production - the
authentication credentials for the databases are changed (and not told
to the development team).

  Currently all development is done in Java and with that they have
the ability to publish databases as a service in their application
server; this way users can be granted access to modify the credentials
to the JDBC data source without having to edit source code of the
application being deployed.  I am looking for something similar in
Python (short of using Jython).

Thanks!