help me reviewing and organizing my code =)

Tracubik affdfsdfdsfsd at b.com
Thu Jun 2 03:31:41 EDT 2011

if you like, off course :)

I'm making a port in python of a program made of bash commands + zenity
for the GUI.
so, i've to re-create a GUI in pyGTK and associate the right bash commands
to the buttons.
Instead of executing the bash script i simply print they in the console.

so, here's my code

import gtk

class myProgram:

  def __init__(self):
   self.btnUname = gtk.Button("uname")
   self.btnLs = gtk.Button("ls")

   self.btnUname.connect("clicked", self.print_associated_command, "uname")
   self.btnLs.connect("clicked", self.print_associated_command, "ls")

  def print_associated_command(self, widget, data=None):
    UNAME_CODE = ['uname']
    LS_CODE = ['cd /home/myUserId/Images/SashaGray',
               'ls *.jpg']

    command_list = {
    "uname" : UNAME_CODE,
    "ls"    : LS_CODE
    }
    for item in command_list[data]:
       print 'COMMAND: ' + item

do you like it?
considering i'll have about 40+ buttons, do you suggest me to move some
part of code outside in a different module?

help for your thanks
thanks for your help

Nico