Is it bad practise to write __all__ like that

mark ferguson markferg at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 09:22:52 EDT 2011

HI Thomas,

I've not really got the hang of decorators yet, so I was wondering why one
might use your approach rather than just using Karim's original method?

I only really use python for smallish, utility programs, so I suppose I
haven't come across an issue complex enough to see a clear advantage in
using decorators. I'm still looking for that 'a ha!' moment when it all
becomes clear to me. Could it be that simple examples of decorators end up
being overkill for the problem they are solving, elegant though the code may
be?

For anyone else, what was itch that decorators solved, such that they became
an additional tool in the their kit bag?