multilanguage application - step by step

Chris Rebert clp2 at rebertia.com
Thu Jul 28 05:24:20 EDT 2011

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 2:11 AM, Peter Irbizon <peterirbizon at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
> I would like to translate all strings in my application for several
> languages (eng, es, de, etc) and user should be able to switch app
> from one language to another. I am still newbie with python so is
> there any "step-by-step" tutorial how to to this? thanks for help

Please refrain from double-posting in the future.

The `gettext` module's docs look fairly straightforward:
http://docs.python.org/library/gettext.html#internationalizing-your-programs-and-modules
See also the "Here’s an example of typical usage for this API:" code snippet.

For the translation file workflow, the Wikipedia article seems enlightening:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_gettext

Cheers,
Chris
--