[Tutor] Fall in love with bpython

Walter Prins wprins at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 19:32:48 EDT 2011

Hi Karim

On 28 July 2011 00:04, Karim <karim.liateni at free.fr> wrote:

> On 07/27/2011 12:34 AM, Alan Gauld wrote:
>
>> Karim wrote:
>>
>>  I use bpython interpreter. This is a very good interactive CLI.
>>>

>> I had never heard of it and had to google for it.
>> It appears to be a curses based CLI for *nix and MacOS
>>

> Ah Windows user.

Thanks for mentioning bpython -- I had also not heard of it but it duly
installed on my ubuntu box from the repositories!  I've browsed the code --
it uses ncurses to do the screen IO.  You can always read the code, but, as
you intimated, unless you're pretty familiar with somewhat large codebases
and ncurses it might not be that much use to you just yet. ... Still, it
might be worth having a look at the source... :)

http://hg.bpython-interpreter.org/bpython/src/bcd836c859aa/bpython/

Walter