learning another programing language

SigmundV sigmundv at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 12:57:05 EDT 2011

On Jul 24, 9:59 am, Benjamin Gregg <benjamin.gr... at virginmedia.com>
wrote:
> Hi
> python was my first language but I need to learn C++ and java for a
> project (No there isn't an alternative)
> and I want to know is there any good tutorials or tips for learning
> C++/java after using python?

I think it's always best to approach a new language with a completely
open mind. It's never good to think of one language in terms of
another, so I'd say: forget about Python while learning C++ and Java.
One should always learn about the strenghts and weaknesses of each
language in itself. E.g. there is plenty of "Python" code out there,
which is just C or C++ code using Python syntax. That is just sad.

Sigmund