PEP 8 and extraneous whitespace

rusi rustompmody at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 13:43:20 EDT 2011

On Jul 22, 10:05 pm, Michiel Overtoom <mot... at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> On Jul 22, 2011, at 12:23, Thomas Jollans wrote:

> >> Who on earth would use proportional fonts in programming?!
>
> > Why not?
>
> Indeed. Since Windows95 I always use a proportional font for programming:
>
>  http://www.michielovertoom.com/incoming/comic-sans-python.jpg
>
> It's so elegant and gives aesthetic pleasure to look at.
>
> Greetings,
>
> --
> "If you don't know, the thing to do is not to get scared, but to learn." - Ayn Rand

Also it is more optimized. For the same size -- and therefore
readability -- a proportional font packs in more text.

I also find it all the more surprising that python programmers argue
against proportional fonts, given that python is one of the odd
languages that gives semantic significance to white space.

I dont use proportional fonts because the tools are broken.