a little parsing challenge ☺

Rouslan Korneychuk rouslank at msn.com
Mon Jul 18 14:14:08 EDT 2011

On 07/18/2011 12:46 PM, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
> Rouslan Korneychuk wrote:
>
>> I don't know why, but I just had to try it (even though I don't usually
>> use Perl and had to look up a lot of stuff). I came up with this:
>
> I don't know why … you replied to my posting/e-mail (but quoted nothing from
> it, much less referred to its content), and posted a lot of Perl code in a
> Python newsgroup/on a Python mailing list.

Well, when I said I had to try *it*, I was referring to using a Perl
compatible regular expression, which you brought up. I guess I should
have quoted that part. As for what I posted, the crux of it was a single
regular expression. The Perl code at the bottom was just to point out
that I didn't type that monstrosity out manually. I was going to put
that part in brackets but there were already so many.