Tabs -vs- Spaces: Tabs should have won.

rantingrick rantingrick at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 13:57:10 EDT 2011

On Jul 17, 12:11 pm, Chris Angelico <ros... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 2:53 AM, rantingrick <rantingr... at gmail.com> wrote:
> > [a whole lot of guff]
>
> Rick, you need to:
>
> 1) Grab the Python source code
> 2) Make your own version of Python that works the way you want it
> 3) Call it something different
> 4) Start your own mailing list.

It's funny you mention this because i am creating a specification for
a Python 4000 fork that removes all ambiguities and multiplicity from
the language. Very soon i will be posting the spec for review within
this group. Maybe some of you will come to your senses and start
implementing these important features in CPython. If not, i am not
going to waste my time forever trying to convince idiots that the
world is in fact round.

Python as it stands now will be defunct unless we make some serious
changes starting with formatting. We cannot continue to create code
bases that are so haphazardly written just for the sake of personal
freedom. Since people will not self-police we must create a mandate
that forces compliance to a style guide. Years have passed since the
first program was written. It is high time to set the standards for
formatting.

Such a system of rigorous formatting rules requires much less
interpreter logic. Python will be leaner and meaner. There won't be
any more arguing about how to format code. There will only be one way;
the correct way! Choose to follow it or die of exceptions; your
choice.

I am looking to the future and leaving the past where it belongs.
After i get a format style nailed down i will start culling the other
language specific multiplicities. Then it will be time to look outside
of Python and see what is the future of high level programming
languages.

You can choose to join me or choose to rot of old age in the self-
induced hell of antiquity. The past is bickering over selfish personal
freedoms, the future of is unity.