Proposal to extend PEP 257 (New Documentation String Spec)

rantingrick rantingrick at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 13:30:39 EDT 2011

On Jul 17, 6:11 am, Tim Chase <python.l... at tim.thechases.com> wrote:

> > But I've never come across an email client that messes with
> > attachments. Just send your code as an attached .py file and
> > it's all good.
>
> However I'm on a couple mailing lists (e.g. lurking on OpenBSD)
> that strip all attachments...

If this IS true then format your source with "indentation-
markers" ("--->") and tell the receiver to run str.replace() on the
source. Also you should send a rant to the list owner concerning this
atrocious striping behavior.

But then again, you could just post it to a paste bin or email it to
group members directly.